Monday, September 1, 2008

36 Weeks

Hi all - We are now 36 weeks and 2 days and still doing great. Getting more uncomfortable every day with back pain really being the worst part of it - usually the worst at work. But I'm still grateful that I've had a pretty good pregnancy overall. I really feel for those mom's that are on bed rest for weeks or have morning sickness all 40 weeks. Whenever I want to complain - I think about them! The following is a fun little list of some of the interesting things people around me have gotten to seen and things that I've found pregnancy causes:
  • Saying something that makes absolutely no sense - sometimes almost like I'm speaking a foreign language (which I often follow up with "I'm pregnant")
  • Realizing how hard it is to put socks and shoes on and avoiding certain outfits just because of the shoes I'd have to try and put on if I chose that outfit.
  • Spilling food/drink on your belly all of the time and often times not even realizing it until someone points it out (embarrassing especially when it is at work!)
  • Even maternity clothes become too small and I'm constantly checking to make sure my belly is not showing and that my belly button sticking out isn't too obvious
  • I've found that people you don't know (and even those that you do) are generally a lot nicer to you when they see you are pregnant. This definitely works to your advantage!
  • Young children stare at me and my belly like I'm an alien. I really do love those that point and ask "What is that". I especially love those that then turn to their parents and say "How did that baby get in there?" Love it!!
I'm getting very anxious for Logan to join us - I try not to think about him coming early because I know I'll just keep getting more anxious every day and most likely he won't come until around or (god forbid) after his due date! I am worried about how big he is getting but overall just hope for a safe delivery!

Enjoy the below photos of the baby room and some belly shots. I did a little rearranging in the nursery and like this much better. It is very close to being all done. Still need to get a crib mattress, put up the closet doors and find a rug for the floor - but other than that we are ready for Logan to join us. (You'll even see in one of the pics that we have our hospital bag packed!)





Abby, Karla and I at shower

Corey at 36 weeks

Corey at 36 weeks - belly shot! Does it look like my belly is dropping?

No comments: