Hi all - We had our 36 week appointment today and everything is going well. I am not dialating yet but the doc said that I am 50% effaced. Which means that labor is probably not right around the corner but I'm at least starting to get ready for it! Here is what the internet says about effacement:
"Effacement refers to the softening and thinning of the cervix. You won't feel this happening; it may only be measured with a vaginal exam. Effacement is measured in percent. When your cervix is normal, it is considered to be 0% effaced. When you're 50% effaced, your cervix is half its original thickness. When your cervix is 100% effaced it is completely thinned out and you are ready for vaginal delivery."
We will now be seeing the doc every week and I can't believe how close we are getting!! I've added a new poll to the left side of this blog - I'd love to see when everyone thinks Logan will make his arrival!!
In other exciting news - my friend Rachel was scheduled for a c-section today and will be welcoming her baby girl very soon!! Congrats Joe and Rachel!!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment